Assemble your own CNC xPRO Controller!
BOM and Placement Files available here.
USE THE CNC XPRO TO DRIVE:
- 4 Axis CNC Mill
- 3 Axis CNC Mill With Dual Drive Motors
- Laser Cutter With XY, Auto Focus, and Rotary Attachment
- Plasma Cutter
- Pick and Place for SMD components
- Or wireless robotics (would love to see this used on a wireless quadruped)
The CNC xPRO is designed to run the opensource gcode interpreter GRBL, opensource programming environment Arduino, or anything you can write in AVR studio. The xPRO comes pre-flashed with GRBL so all you need to do is wire up your motors!
The software stack we use here at Spark is:
- SketchUp, Inkscape, or Solidworks to design parts
- Openbuilds SketchUCam or CamBam
- Universal-G-Code-Sender or GRBL Controller 3.0 to send gcode to the xPro
Most of these are opensource!
- 100% GRBL version 0.8c compatible
- Capable of powering from ATX PSU (these are dirt cheap and we have tons laying around from recycled desktops)
- Capable of powering from a dedicated 12V/24V two wire power supply
- Drive 4 motors with DRV8825 Stepper Drivers - 2.5A (peak) with 1.75A (RMS) with up to 1/32 microstepping
- 1 Driver capable of cloning X,Y, or Z or being run as an independent axis
- Hardware support for both USB and Wireless Operation (XBee, WiFly, or RN42-XV)*
- Emergency Stop to cut all motor power (with optional override)
- 12V and 5V** outputs for powering peripherals (fans, pumps, vacuums)
- Quickly connect to Stepper Motors and limit switches with 3.5mm screw terminals
- Expansion port for coming upgrades (handheld jog controller, integrated spindle speed control, etc.)
*For CNC applications we recommend RN42-XV
**5V output available with ATX PSU
*** This is a Bare PCB onle